Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Marinara
Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Marinara is a simple yet flavorful dish. Packs a nice tangy and slightly sweet flavor that complements the roasted cauliflower perfectly. This dish is easy to make, healthy, and a great side dish for any meal.
Approved for Ideal Protein phases 1 to 3.
- 2 tbsp. Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Heads of Cauliflower Trimmed
- Coarse Salt – To Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper – To Taste
- 1/2 tsp. Whole Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 4 Cloves of Garlic – Minced
- 1 1/2 Cups of Approved Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 Cup of Mix of Feta, Asiago and Mozzarella cheeses
- 12 Fresh Basil Leaves – torn
Preheat your oven to 400°F.
Add 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. When the surface shimmers, add the trimmed and broken bite-size cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper.
Add oregano oil, red pepper, minced garlic, and toss, then let sit a minute or two to brown. Reduce heat if florets burn. When cauliflower is golden on one side, toss until evenly golden.
Add 2 tablespoons of water, and cover. Cook until florets soften.
Then Reduce heat and add marinara sauce, the mix of feta, asiago, and mozzarella cheese to taste, and cover until the cheeses melt. (maintenance only).
Serve the roasted cauliflower with the torn basil leaves over the top.