Yummy Vegetable Frittata
Yummy Vegetable Frittata is loaded with flavors and at the same time packs lots of veggies and protein. No doubt, this is an amazing way to eat your veggies.
Approved for all Ideal Protein phases, make some for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. You can also try other allowed veggies as well to spice it up.
- 1/2 medium leek, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 6-8 oz spinach
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided (For Maintenance Only)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F° and in a pan add oil and leeks and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add bell pepper.
Cook until bell pepper is just softened – about another 3 minutes.
Add in spinach and cook until just wilted, set aside.
In a bowl, add in eggs, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, salt, and pepper.
Whisk well until everything is combined well.
Now, add in leeks, peppers, spinach, and sliced cherry or grape tomatoes.
Fold together until combined.
Pour into a greased 9-inch pan or pie plate (or use a cast-iron skillet) and top with remaining cheese and bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes until center is set. Serve and enjoy.
- You can use any vegetables that you think go well together
- Cheese is for the Maintenance phase only
- Cooking in a cast-iron skillet promotes even cooking